About the Course
Welcome to Eveline Charles Academy’s Makeup Artistry Level 1 online class!
This is a comprehensive part-time course that is designed, written and instructed by working professional makeup artists.
This course is both fast paced and informative with demonstrations by instructors, and ensures hands-on makeup applications by students.
Face /eye shapes
Natural makeup application
Glamour makeup application
Due to the fact that there is a large amount of material to cover in a short amount of time, in order to successfully pass the program and receive a certificate, you will need to:
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE (you should be doing 6 hours a week of makeup outside of class)
Take detailed notes during instruction
Do your homework
Observe all classes
Stock your kit
Be ready for constructive feedback about your work
Be ready to work hard with a positive attitude
It is required and expected that you do work for the course outside of and in between your classes. You will wear and do more makeup than ever before during this class!
Makeup is your mantra for the duration of this program. A passing grade is 65%.
Below is the outline and format of the course. Thank you for enrolling and good luck!
Virtual Learning Submission Requirements
Video Requirements: *important details
Format: Pre-recorded, learn at your own pace
- Prior to each video lesson students will read the pages associated with that lesson.
- Students will be expected to do any assignments and homework as they appear in the textbook. (These are intended to be practice and study tools to get you in the habit of doing makeup often.)
- Students will recreate workshops preferably on a model or on themselves.
- All course review and visual assignments MUST be completed before moving forward in the course.
- The workshops in classes 1-4 are worth 5% of your grade per class and classes 5-12 are worth 10% each.
- Workshops will be recorded by students. One 5 minute video (max) for each workshop highlighting 2-3 features from that lesson’s makeup along with a still image of the final makeup.
- It is required that you complete the look in full apart from the last few features that are required to be filmed.
- It is recommended that in order to keep your video within the time restraints using only one feature on only side of the face in the video.
- In order for your submission to be accepted it must be labeled correctly. firstname.lastname.classnumber.coursenumber Example: Jane.Doe.C1.MUL1. Your video will be sent back for relabelling and resubmission if this guideline is not followed.
- Any video submissions longer than 5 minutes will be sent back to you for re-submission. You may need to download a free editing app compatible with your filming device to manage your video length.
- Photo's and videos need to be taken with a device capable of taking clear and crisp images that are well and evenly lit and that showcase the makeup in a high resolution.
- It is required that you use bright, natural lighting to take your photo's and videos, so night time filming and shooting is not recommended. Direct sunlight is also not recommended. Situate yourself in front of a naturally lit window and have the lighting hit your face. If using additional lighting be sure to use daylight bulbs only.Any videos not properly lit will be sent back for resubmission.
- Any photo submissions that are unclear or improperly lit will be sent back to you for re-submission.
- Feedback and marks are sent to students 72 hours (business days) after submission. It is recommended that you read your feedback prior to filming your next video.
- Transcripts of the instruction will be linked under each video lesson for your access and convenience.
- Below is an extra makeup supply list you can utilize when shopping for and expanding your kit:
Recommended makeup additions for your kit: (MAC products listed, you may substitute with other brands)
- Small scissors
- Lash curler
- Brush Belt (fully equipped)
- Nail Clippers
- Sanitary Needs:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Brush Cleaner
- Lip wands
- Mascara wands
- Paper towel
- Spatula (metal/plastic)
- Makeup wipes or Pro EMR cleanser
- Primer (prep & prime) pump preferred
- Oil control lotion/Mattefying lotion pump preferred
- Hydrating lotion (studio moisture fix)/glowing lotion (strobe)
- Hydrating spray (Fix +)
- Eye cream (fast response)
- Lightweight, buildable foundation in warm & cool tones
- (Face & Body N1, N5, N8, C1, C5, C8)
- Liquid concealers in squeeze or pump bottles warm & cool tones
- (Prolong wear or Select cover up NW15, NC15, NW20, NC20, NC35, NW35, NC50, NW50)
- Studio Finish concealer palettes
- Powders – Sheer (blot powders in med, med dark, dark, deep)
- Coverage- (MSF light, med plus, med dark, dark, deep)
- Translucent (P &P loose or pressed)
- Contour, Blush, Highlight Needs:
- Bronzers (light, medium, dark)
- Blush contours (Harmony, Blunt)
- Cheek Highlighters (MSF, lustre drops, Strobe liquid)
- Blush, Matte, Sheer tone, Frost & Cream (Tones of (in both light & bright pigments) pink, peach, bronze)
- Mascara (waterproof & regular all black)
- Liquid & Cream liners (waterproof and regular in black, brown, purple & blue)
- Pencil liners (safe for waterline in black, brown, purple, blue and white)
- Eye Base (paint pots in neutral skin tones, painterly, soft ochre, groundwork, quite natural)
- Eye Shadows (Palettes are best for travel, mattes, shimmers, frost, in as many shades as desired)
- Lashes (Full, half, individuals, Duo lash glue)
- Lip balm/conditioner (squeeze tubes are best)
- Lipstick/Colour (matte, frost, satin, gloss finishes in nudes & skin tones, brown, peach, pink. Bolds, red, orange, pink,
- berry, deeps, burgundy, brown, red)
- Lip liners to match
- Gloss to compliment and finish